Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday night pizza!!!

radamoradamo Posts: 355
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tried a new setup for pizza last night.  Put my platesetter in with the legs up and then arranged 3 firebricks around the perimeter on their sides.  Put the pizza stone on top to project it a bit higher into the dome.  Wound up about 2 inches above the gasket.  Got the egg going to about 650 and let her warm the stone for 45 minutes. The pizzas were done in about 10 minutes and came out really nicely cooked.  Also used a different dough for this cook.  Have been getting my dough from a local pizza joint.  Their dough is delicious but a little to large for my 14" stone.  This time I picked up frozen dough at a local supermarket.  They come two to a pack.  Dough was the perfect size for the stone and worked out VERY well.  Real easy to work with.   Here was the result:
Long Island, NY
·

Comments

• High in the dome is the way to go on pizza. Looks good!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Great looking pizza.
    RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,656
    Tou should try to make your own dough. It is super easy!

Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    Amazing looking pizza !!!
    Toronto
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 355
    Thanks all!
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    paqman said:
    Tou should try to make your own dough. It is super easy!

+1

P.S. Pizza looks great.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • Looks great.  It's been too long since I've done a pizza on the egg and this makes my mouth water for one.
    ·