Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Filet of Sole (en papillote)

Did some filet of sole (en papillote) the other night. I wrapped two filets in each parchment paper pouch. Added some sliced fennel, red onion and cherry tomatoes and some fresh ground pepper; then put a splash of white wine over everything. I cooked these right on my pizza stone with a dome temp of 350* for about 20 minutes. The picture I took before closing the pouches was to blurry to be worth posting but here are a couple that did turn out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Can you please show your meat?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,951
    Masking tape?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Masking tape?
    Couldn't find my stapler!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Masking tape?
    Couldn't find my stapler!
    Yer killin me here =))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,894
    Did the fish pick up any smoke through the paper?  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • @Botch... No, no smoke flavor at all.
    Botch said:
    I doubt TOTN used smoke though. I've had some when I've used cherry or olive

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Botch said:
    I doubt TOTN used smoke though. I've had some when I've used cherry or olive
    That't true.. just the lump. Plus the masking tape probably helped some too.  ;)
    That looks great!  Going to give that a shot soon.  We did swordfish with capers, fresh lemon juice and olive oil with some lemon slices on top of the fish.   That was really nice too.  

Long Island, NY
    ·