Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Try something new she said...

SWMBO doesn't want any more pulled pork, pork ribs or brisket. Ok, how about beef ribs (I'll cook pork too), pig shots with goat cheese and garlic relish, and some shiner Oktoberfest to make sure it all goes down.

Here goes - prosit!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments

• Why not try some fish or something that's not smoked. There's really an unlimited number of possibilities besides pulled pork, pork ribs and brisket.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Thanks totn - that's a good point. I think I'm just getting good at low and slow, so I keep doing it. I'll need to go more haute cuisine.

Meanwhile, found some roasted pineapple relish, half the pig shots with pineapple, half with garlic. All with bone suckin sauce.
  • Love the new avatar. Genius
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    SWMBO doesn't want any more pulled pork, pork ribs or brisket. Ok, how about beef ribs (I'll cook pork too), pig shots with goat cheese and garlic relish, and some shiner Oktoberfest to make sure it all goes down. Here goes - prosit!
    Got any masking tape?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932

SWMBO doesn't want any more pulled pork, pork ribs or brisket. Ok, how about beef ribs (I'll cook pork too), pig shots with goat cheese and garlic relish, and some shiner Oktoberfest to make sure it all goes down.

Here goes - prosit!

Got any masking tape?

50 shades of egg! Maybe I misinterpreted her request?
  • sumoconnell

Love the new avatar. Genius

I don't speak mandarin, but I know exactly what this medicine is for.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    SWMBO doesn't want any more pulled pork, pork ribs or brisket. Ok, how about beef ribs (I'll cook pork too), pig shots with goat cheese and garlic relish, and some shiner Oktoberfest to make sure it all goes down. Here goes - prosit!
    Got any masking tape?
    50 shades of egg! Maybe I misinterpreted her request?
    The reference was to Texan of the North's en papillote skills a few posts down

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    edited October 2013
    My wife told me that once. When I came she wasn't happy. I said I didn't know you were talking about food. JK
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    What is the "safe word" tonight?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Our safe word is... "what the & @# are you doing"?... I'm Batman.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • sumoconnell
    Well it's 9 pm.. I 'accidentally' went to the driving range, met some friends, and never got my food on the egg. The egg was started, and I figured I could go hit balls for an hour, and then cook. Oops. I guess my ribs will sit for 24 hours in rub... my safe word is "fore! "
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Go get a prime rib. It's a nice change from low and slow that is going to be great. Also look for rack of pork.
    Dunedin, FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Well it's 9 pm.. I 'accidentally' went to the driving range, met some friends, and never got my food on the egg. The egg was started, and I figured I could go hit balls for an hour, and then cook. Oops. I guess my ribs will sit for 24 hours in rub... my safe word is "fore! "
    bad hubby, bad...
    edited October 2013
    Got any masking tape?

=))
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

bad hubby, bad...

She's a good hearted woman, in love with a good timin' man.

I may have a honey-do list today...
  • Hey @sumoconnell... you didn't happen to run into Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford did you? He's down there checking out the local music scene

image.
    ::came into thread looking for ideas....left confused::
  • busmania said:

::came into thread looking for ideas....left confused::

Not uncommon.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • sumoconnell
    The bastard husband is back at it..

Finally cooking tonite, turbo on both the beef ribs and pork ribs (baby back). This is cool since it finishes the pig shots in the first hour, then the ribs go another hour.
  • sumoconnell
    Ribs are done, swmbo happy after pig shots. Good smoke ring, and flavor is nice. Served with my simple coleslaw.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Good  save! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.