Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Broken stone broke my heart :(

I wanted to try and cook pizza a little lower in my dome so I dropped the stone 2 levels on the AR.......great pizza but broke my stone that I had great times with....what should I buy now?
image.jpg 2.3M
image.jpg 1.4M
·

Comments

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,335
    Sorry to hear that. 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,773
    This might help if you're looking for a new stone:

·
  • Half Moon Pizza comes to mind!! =))
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
    ·
  • You can still use that stone. I used mine until it broke into a 3rd piece.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,643
    What brand of pizza stone was it?

Baking steel!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • You're kinda like me.  I'm stone broke.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • what broke the stone do you think it was the heat you know closer to fire ?

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • pizza steel
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,834
    You're kinda like me.  I'm stone broke.
    Actually, according to those back yard pics you posted on a different thread I'd say you are stone rich. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·