Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Griddle

Who out there has a griddle? Who actually uses it? Is it worth picking one up for the BGE?
·

Comments

• I have a cast iron griddle that I use for blackening.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    ·
  • No; but not for any particular reason. 

However, my griddle does not have a lip or sides around the edge so cooking bacon might be a little tricky with bacon grease dripping down onto the lump.

I also have a cast-iron skillet that I've used to make chicken fried steak on my egg. That could easily be used for cooking bacon.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I have a baking steel, and often use it as a griddle for things like Philly steak or burgers. I love it for that as much as I do using it as a pizza stone.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • I have this one for the LBGE.  I cook breakfast on it occasionally and it works well.

Mamaroneck
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,943
    I had a couple custom made for the large and small. Both have lips so no problem with grease dripping etc.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 81
    I have a one fron Bass Pro Shop that  I use on my XLBGE. It has more area than the half moon griddle for the L and XL.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

·