Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griddle

Options
Who out there has a griddle? Who actually uses it? Is it worth picking one up for the BGE?

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I have a cast iron griddle that I use for blackening.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Ever cook bacon and eggs on it?
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    No; but not for any particular reason. 

However, my griddle does not have a lip or sides around the edge so cooking bacon might be a little tricky with bacon grease dripping down onto the lump.

I also have a cast-iron skillet that I've used to make chicken fried steak on my egg. That could easily be used for cooking bacon.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I have a baking steel, and often use it as a griddle for things like Philly steak or burgers. I love it for that as much as I do using it as a pizza stone.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Mama Roneck
    Options
    I have this one for the LBGE.  I cook breakfast on it occasionally and it works well.

Mamaroneck
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I had a couple custom made for the large and small. Both have lips so no problem with grease dripping etc.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 3sheets
    3sheets Posts: 81
    Options
    I have a one fron Bass Pro Shop that  I use on my XLBGE. It has more area than the half moon griddle for the L and XL.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)