Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style Pork Ribs

Did these on the Large BGE sometime last week.  They were smoked with a mix of JD Whiskey Barrel Oak and Cherry Wood.  Smoke roasted indirect at around 325 deg f until the internal temp hit somewhere around 190 deg f.  Since these are sliced up pork butt, they stay plenty moist and melt in your mouth.  :)

A few of them were sauced with a creamy SC mustard based BBQ sauce and the others were sauced with some SBR Honey Chipotle.

After saucing, I let them caramelize on the egg for awhile longer.

As I mentioned in another post, Country Style Ribs are somewhat nostalgic for my wife and me.  We got married YOUNG...I was 20 and she was 18.  We both had only part time jobs and were still in college.  Needless to say, we ate a LOT of Country Style Ribs, Chicken Leg Quarters and Hamburger Helper.  LOL  Those were some of the cheapest meals we could make.  During those penny-pinching times though, we came to like Country Style Ribs a lot.  When done right, they resemble Burnt Ends....but instead of beef, each bite is like a little smoky medallion of porky BBQ goodness.  :D 

Comments