Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib tip lunch. PICS

Saturday lunch is going to be some rib tips. Indirect 300. Sauce at the last bit.

This is one of me and my dads favorite snacks when we used to go on hunting trips.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
·

Comments

• Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Sure looks go so far
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Just sauced them. Just a few more minutes.

·
  • These are amazing. Smell like little bits of BBQ heaven.

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,274
    They look awesome!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,468
    Look absolutely delish.  Where I live, rib tips are the portion of the spare slab where the bones are mostly just cartilage. What you cooked don't look like anything I've seen. Perhaps portions of spares cut just 1" or so wide?
    ·
  • @gdenby

I think that you are correct. Most of the gas station bbq places around here sell these by the cup. Nice little road snack.

·
  • If I was going to do this right for an app or something I'd have cut them and tossed in sauce. Back on grill for a little bit. But this was a killer lunch compared to a hot pocket or boiled hot dog.

·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 405
    Got to love riblets!   Cheap and good!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·
  • You must live in the Midwest (Chicago, Milwaukee, etc). No store I've seen in the Southeast has a clue what rib tips are. I used to buy them by the case when I lived out there. Look good.
    ·
  • You must live in the Midwest (Chicago, Milwaukee, etc). No store I've seen in the Southeast has a clue what rib tips are. I used to buy them by the case when I lived out there. Look good.

:-??
    I live in Mississippi

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,246
    You sure those aren't possum ribs?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapple said:

You sure those aren't possum ribs?

Ha I said mississippi, not Tennessee.