Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Filet Mignon

Options
Did some blackened filets last night. Indirect at around 350* until the internal temp was close to 120*. Pulled the filets off and covered with foil, removed the plate setter from the egg and put my CI griddle in to heat up. While the egg was heating I covered the filets with some melted butter and then added a liberal coating of Paul Prudhome's Steak Magic to both sides. Once the dome temp on the egg was up to about 500* I put the filets on the CI for about a minute per side. The filets came out a perfect medium rare (they look a little more done in my picture) and were delicious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments