Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday night cook...

Filets, shrimp and potatoes. Have a great weekend everyone. Those in the way of Karen, be safe... image
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
image.jpg 1.2M
·

Comments

• That looks amazing. What was your technique for the steak? I've never got uniform edge to edge color any where.close to that.
    ·
  • @eggscaliber thanks for the kind words. I cook steaks different ways depending on the cut of meat...as well as the size. These were smaller 8 oz filets. I've never been a big fan of marinating a good cut of meat. Therefore, I like to cook these smaller filets by minute and reapply the sauce I cook them in. I cooked these 1 minute per side while saucing in between for 6-8 minutes. I used the Thermapen to check for 120-125ish and let rest for 10 minutes. Any other questions, let me know....thx!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 667
    Nice.....one of my favorites, a little surf and turf plus a potato.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • Very nice!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·