Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Doing 2 pork shoulders...

Options
mjs2171
mjs2171 Posts: 26
Each are 7 pounders.  Was thinking it was going to take me about 20 hrs at 250.  Any thoughts or recommendations?  

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Unless they are touching, each will cook like a stand-alone shoulder and their cook times will be independent of each other and could be a few hours apart.    Just make sure your thermo(s) are calibrated and the best finish indicator is when the bone pulls clean.  250*F on the dome should give you around 1.5-2 hrs/# .  Plan to finish early and then FTC(Foil, Towels and Cooler) til ready to pull.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    I agree with lou... As long as the meat isn't touching to much, you will not see a big difference in cook time. I do at least two butts every time I want pulled pork.
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July