Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -College Hockey

Options
I know that most people on here are die hard college football fans, but anyone besides me a die hard college hockey fan? Season starts this weekend for most teams.

Lots of new teams in different conferences now. Who wins the title this year? I will always take my Fighting Sioux.
Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Post season I'll pay attention to it, but I'll watch NHL games for my hockey fix.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    college football is pretty low key in newengland. i watch some college hockey and always follow the beanpot with bu, bc northeastern, and harvard. the beanpot is some of the best college hockey out there
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Love college hockey, although I follow it less now that I used to, both because it doesn't get a ton of play now that I'm in Maryland and because my alma mater (University of Maine) has become much less relevant, although I'll start following more this year now that Tim Whitehead is gone.

The 1992-93 Maine team that went 42-1-2 was one of the most dominant teams I've seen in any sport, they were so enjoyable to watch.  I've been to the Frozen Four twice - once in Anaheim when Maine won their 2nd championship my Senior year there, and then to Boston when Maine lost to Denver (notable for Maine's 1st goal being disallowed that lead to a rule change) and Denver holding up to a 6-3 for the last minute or so.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    In the GWN hockey is the winter sport, although sometimes the playoffs make it an early summer sport. Junior hockey is much more popular than college/university hockey, probably because many of the best players either play Junior or take a scholarship to a US school. It is hard to get coverage of US college hockey on a regular basis. WHL/OHL coverage is pretty good. 
    The WHL/OHL/QJMHL have some great games, much better than watching the NHL, IMHO. Players play with their hearts while showing some amazing skill. it is all good. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cfwilen
    cfwilen Posts: 27
    Options
    Born and raised in NoDak where UND hockey was the closest thing we had to professional sports. 

Even have my son started young...

Portland, OR
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    On the ice, everybody turns Blue.
    GO BLUE!!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • golfandgrill
    Options

On the ice, everybody turns Blue.
    GO BLUE!!!

Was there when Michigan knocked the Sioux out of the frozen four in 2011. I still have nightmares with that fight song.....

Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Brian Burke likes college hockey too. :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• golfandgrill
    Options
    cfwilen said:
    Born and raised in NoDak where UND hockey was the closest thing we had to professional sports. 

Even have my son started young...

Where in ND?
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • cfwilen
    cfwilen Posts: 27
    Options
    Born in Jamestown, grew up in Gackle.
    Portland, OR
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A........GOOOOOOOOO GOPHERS!  Women start tonight (March to 3 straight) - Men, next week. My boys are in the middle of tryouts for Youth and soon High School.  We Skate, Fish and cook.  Hockey is life when not egging.
    Gonna miss watching Sue - Gopher games for 3 years but wont miss Sue Fans so much, sorry. 
    Hope to lean to despise Michigan as much as the Badgers soon!
  • Serial Griller
    Options

Here in Colorado we have DU, Colorado College anD Air Force.

Looking forward to a great season.It's amazing Colorado College and Du with about 2,000 students ,play with schools that have 30, 00-600,00 students.Small arenas and never a bad seat.

• golfandgrill
    golfandgrill Posts: 198
    edited October 2013
    Options
    yumdinger said:

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A........GOOOOOOOOO GOPHERS!  Women start tonight (March to 3 straight) - Men, next week. My boys are in the middle of tryouts for Youth and soon High School.  We Skate, Fish and cook.  Hockey is life when not egging.

Gonna miss watching Sue - Gopher games for 3 years but wont miss Sue Fans so much, sorry. 
    Hope to lean to despise Michigan as much as the Badgers soon!
    Trust me I won't miss you or the spelling Bee chant either. Damn shame they aren't playing every year however. Have fun with penn state and the Big 6!
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    And don't get me wrong @yumdinger I love going to marriuchi (sp?) with my Fighting Sioux gear on and being heckled. What makes a college rivalry fun
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    Thats ok I wouldn't expect proper spelling from a Sue fan!!!   :))  Pretty rink you go there too.  
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    yumdinger said:

Thats ok I wouldn't expect proper spelling from a Sue fan!!!   :))  Pretty rink you go there too.  

That's *....
    Fighting Sioux Hockey