Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest Cooks Checklist

Options

I always hate to be somewhere and not have what I need, so whether tailgating or egging, I tend to make lists.  I update this one occassionally, so recent version might be helpful for some (for example, GaMtn fest had dishwashing sink, but you needed you own sponge/scrubber and dish soap and drying towels--so nice to have these on the list).  Anyway, just posting link to my list in case it helps someone out--tried to cut and paste but got "too many characters" error. 

For the unorganized non-list types, just set up near one of us list types, we are always glad to help out fellow eggers!

Here is the link:

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=224&func=view&catid=17&id=1313460#1313460

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    You said tables but don't they provide tables for you?
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    I think they only provide one table per station at Eggtoberfest, I will have to check the website.  I like to have extra prep room and need at least one more table.  Also, folks will grab the food fast, and it is a pain to put out servings as they grab servings.  So with further back table, you can load your tray and then move all at once to the front table for folks to grab.. 
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    @lit--checked my confirmation cooks email, they only provide one table per egg.  So with two cooks, etc, really helps to have one (or more) prep and staging tables back from your serving table.  On other hand, I do a l lot of the final prep on the front serving table so people can watch and learn and ask questions--like assembling cuban sandwiches, doing grilled pizzas, etc..  There will be tons of questions, lots of fun.   
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    The one table they provide usually is the serving table so my advice is to bring an extra table for a prep table...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    As listed... Recipe cards. At some point you'll get sick of explaining your cook.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    @henapple is correct--recipe flyers/cards are important--you will lots of requests for recipe info.  Plus, I am now adding to mine at the bottom the website addresses for this site, the other egg forum, the mothership, ceramic grill store (always lots of questions on adjustable rig when I do pizzas), kristi's site, jason's site and nibblemethis site.  Also will stick on a couple good books--the pizza book I use and APL re-released book. 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Great timing for this as I am cooking at my first fest in two weeks in Oklahoma.

Any tips for a first time cook? I'm not making it too complicated, so I have time to enjoy myself.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Low prep. Don't get caught cooking all day. You'll miss a lot of fun. What did you have in mind?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    @henapple I'm doing a test run tomorrow for the timing. Cochinita pibil tacos with a couple kinds of fire roasted salsa. Tasty but I won't have to spend all day tending the egg.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.