Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

on the egg for mlb playoffs

Hey all. Pregame anxiety set in early this morning. I have wings (well, drummies) on the egg and Schlafly Porter in my pint glass. Wings are getting grilled direct at 350 for about 30 min, tossed in Frank's red hot, then back to the grill for a few minutes. Yeah, just a basic recipe.
What is everyone else egging during the games?

Go Cards!
St. Louis, MO
·

Comments

• Yes, go Cards!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,595
    I'm a Tigers fan so I have a little time to plan what I'm egging tomorrow and for the weekend... Think about doing the beef flat ribs for tomorrow night's dinner and then into a low n slow of butts or a brisket for overnight...

Go Tigers!!!
    ·
  • Hominy quesadillas with tomatillo salsa for the cards !
    ·
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 422
    Rays are making noise .. so burgers following the Wicked Good Burger cookbook tomorrow.

Go Rays!!!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,547
    edited October 2013
    I think I'll just drink. Twins just resigned Gardy for a two year extension after his 3rd straight 90 loss season. Hard to blame Gardy with all the *****y upper management and a tight a$$ owner. Still love playoff baseball Twins or no Twins! Would like to see the Pirates take it with ex Twins Morneau and Liriano. Also nice to see the Pirates make it after 20+ years
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Anxiously waiting for the Braves game to start. There's no telling what this series is going to hold...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,027
    By the time the A's games on Fri and Sat get underway I will be well beyond thinking about what to cook on the BGE.  I would like to see  a much different outcome than last year's run with Detroit but time will tell.  First two games I will be cooking beer followed by Double Oaked.  Game results will determine orbit flight pattern.  Go A's!
    Louisville
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,595
    lousubcap said:

By the time the A's games on Fri and Sat get underway I will be well beyond thinking about what to cook on the BGE.  I would like to see  a much different outcome than last year's run with Detroit but time will tell.  First two games I will be cooking beer followed by Double Oaked.  Game results will determine orbit flight pattern.  Go A's!

Have a feeling we'll be going back and forth for the next few days... Think it's going to be a great series, close, exciting, and not a run away for either team.

Go Tigers!!!
    ·
  • GoatseggGoatsegg Posts: 108
    Go Braves!
    image.jpg 1.3M
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • TackmanTackman Posts: 223
    Indians got knocked out last night. Egg is in the garage, cold and sad...
    Cleveland, Ohio
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Awesome @Goatsegg. Maybe there will be a little Turner Field Magic tonight... Maybe...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
    Man, let's hope so.
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,521
    @goatsegg those seats scare me. Its way too steep behind the plate up there after a couple drinks I feel like I am gonna fall over on the people in front of me. Not sure if it works in the post season but code veriz gave half price tickets all season.
    ·
    @lit- yeah pretty steep up there. I had a partial season plan in the 200 level and loved the seats. I couldn't get a strip of playoff tics down there, though. Reserved for full season ticket holders, I guess? In any case, if they don't play better than they did last night, I won't be up there for many more games!
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    Let's hear for the Red Sox!!! Hot Dogs and Wings going on later.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,188
    And the Reds can Dusty Baker.

Yeah, he didn't win any playoff series, but are 90 win seasons that bad?!

Hope they have somebody in mind that is at least better or it's a bad move.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·

@YEMTrey-Since I'm just down the road, I get all the Reds games.  I doubt there is anyone out there that can do the job as well as Dusty.  However, the front office feels compelled to do something to appease the "win now" fan base given the recent results.  Six game slide at the end of season certainly didn't help.

And I apologize for the partial hi-jack. 

Louisville
    ·
    @ hapster-I'm hoping that with this post life will turn around-Tigers killed that first inning-even I remember. 
    Louisville
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Go Braves!

Go Red Sox!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·