Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Does anyone do the SodaStream thing?

I bought one last boxing day. I registered it and I kept getting these VIP codes to enter on Facebook so I did just that, not ever expecting anything to come of it.

I got an email yesterday that I won the VIP event for September. I am getting my basement finished and hoping the contractors will be done early December so I can have it for the remainder of the hockey season. Now I can have one up and down stairs. Go Habs Go.

SodaStream Machine
1 Red SodaStream Source (Metal) Machine

C02
One Extra Spare CO2

Syrups
One of each of our available syrups Syrups

SodaStream Accessories
2 x 0.5L Back to School Carbonating Bottles

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

Comments

• I was following you (even after you said boxing day) until you said "Go, Hags, Go".

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,448
    Used to have one.  Got a Primo, which uses 24 oz paintball cans (fill for a few bucks) and gave the SodaStream away.

Regardless of what brand, it's nice to have fresh soda water on demand.

• hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,295
    I was following you (even after you said boxing day) until you said "Go, Hags, Go".

I saw your comments on LS's thread. The winged USSR team.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Used to have one.  Got a Primo, which uses 24 oz paintball cans (fill for a few bucks) and gave the SodaStream away.

Regardless of what brand, it's nice to have fresh soda water on demand.
    What is this Primo you speak of? Time to Google.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

I think the company went out of business.    They had the "Flavorstation" (I know, sounds like a Guy Fiere product) at Tuesday Morning for $29.  Included a couple of bottles and the paintball tank, brand new, filled.  So I bought two - worth it for the extra CO2 bottle.  And I have a spare unit, new in the box in the attic.

Anyway, works great.  I'm about halfway into my second CO2 bottle.

• The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
    edited October 2013
    I do the full-ass retail soda stream. I love it but but Nola's set up is better for the $. had it for 2-3 years. Was a Christmas present from my partner in alcholism: @lakewade. We have both gotten plenty of use out of it :))

Yeah, almost all the soda I make is used to dilute 80 proof booze.  I'd love to find some diet tonic concentrate so I can get my GIN on.

• ShiffShiff Posts: 1,351

I use my sodastream all the time - mostly for carbonated water which I can make as carbonated as I want.  Amazon, among other places, sells an adapter that allows you to use a paintball gas bottle in the sodastream.  The company that makes it has lots of other things to make it cheaper.

See: http://www.sodamod.com/category-s/1814.htm

Barry Lancaster, PA
    Shiff said:

I use my sodastream all the time - mostly for carbonated water which I can make as carbonated as I want.  Amazon, among other places, sells an adapter that allows you to use a paintball gas bottle in the sodastream.  The company that makes it has lots of other things to make it cheaper.

See: http://www.sodamod.com/category-s/1814.htm

I was about to buy an adapter for my SodaStream but two complete Primo systems, with 2 full 24oz tanks and 4 bottles was the same price as the adapter, so I just switched.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,408
    We have one. I don't drink liquor or pop on it's own but the family likes it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq said:
    I was following you (even after you said boxing day) until you said "Go, Hags, Go".

I saw your comments on LS's thread. The winged USSR team.

Actually, I think we have more Swedes now.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• LitLit Posts: 4,111
    I borrowed a friends to carbonate vodka to sneak it on a cruise in a sprite zero bottles.
    Lit said:

I borrowed a friends to carbonate vodka to sneak it on a cruise in a sprite zero bottles.

Did it really carbonate?

Winnipeg, Manitoba.