Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First post, I have already gained knowledge from yall's great site

Options
I was looking around for some information on Kamato cookers, and thankfully stumbled upon this sight, before I go on.. THANKS!

I "babysat" my father in law's Large Green Egg for about a year, and got hooked on the thing. Sadly, It'll be a while before I have the $ to put into one of my own. I was on a site I frequent and saw a fella with a kamato style cooker for $50, I figgured it was worth a try. It is made of clay, at first I thought it was an early egg, but think its another company now. Either way, I took and cleaned it up, took it apart and cleaned everything. After some High temp engine enamel and new hardware its lookin pretty.

I found both the rutland gasket and the permatex copper here locally and put them on today. 

I have read the warnings about high heat and clay, so I will definatly be taking that into account, and hope to fire her up this weekend. 

Again, I appreciate the community's help in getting this project to this point.

imageimage

Comments