Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plate Setter Lifter

2»

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 4,314
    I'm using a $10 8-inch-throat C clamp (recently posted about it).  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    After using gloves that were starting to wear a bit and burning myself too many times, I was happy to sell the platesetter after getting the adjustable rig. No more burned hands now, except when occasionally lifting hot cast iron.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,526
    Bullibe said:
    Remove mine and then it hangs on a hook under my table. Nothing gets dirty or burned.
    After looking at what you made, I wonder if this would work:

$8 cultivator from home depot.  just bend the tines a bit if needed to fit.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Hmmmm ^
  • HelmetHelmet Posts: 162
    Eggucator, LOVE yours, the rebar (which I'm usually not a fan of, looks wise) looks fantastic in that application. Great work!
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • I bought the Plate Setter Lifter from Dickson's when I went to Dickson's Toronto Egg Fest in June.  I got tired of burning my hands while wearing gloves pulling the plate setter during a reverse sear.  I was searing more than the steak.  I really like it. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• I bought the Plate Setter Lifter from Dickson's when I went to Dickson's Toronto Egg Fest in June.  I got tired of burning my hands while wearing gloves pulling the plate setter during a reverse sear.  I was searing more than the steak.  I really like it. 

@fred19flinstone

I like mine too :x
    It smells like strawberries

XLBGE