Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paging Little Steven

Options
Little Steven,

I am going to use your method for making stuffing the night before for Thanksgiving this year. I am just wondering how long you reheat it for the day of? 30 mins at 350 or so?

Thanks
Jimi1234

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I think its more like two hours. When I started egging the turkeys I tried to come up with something that cooked like it was done in the bird. The wings and necks have to get fully cooked. When is Thanksgiving?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    Options
    Sunday, October 13. My plan is to cook the stuffing under foil for three hours at 350 on Saturday. Then on Sunday, re-heat it with no foil so it crisps up. You figure two hours on Sunday to reheat?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Sorry I missed your point there. I've never reheated it as a whole thing. I usually make it up the day before without the raw turkey bits. I would think an hour would reheat it. If it's not hot in the bottom when it's brown on top then put the foil back on. I meant the cook time was about two hours. Thinking about it three is more like it. I usually pull the turkey parts out when I take the foil off to brown. Throw the bits in the stock.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    Options
    Excellent. Thanks.