Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

VERY OT - Let's Go On A Sleazy Bar Tour!

Options
I was talking to a friend of mine recently and we laughed about the Sleazy Bar Tour we would organize when at an annual week long school in Sault St. Marie. It was called the Soo School and we had a lot of fun. We would always finish up at the Port Hole Bar.

Today, I have to visit a number of businesses in Flint for work and I found a gem for a Sleazy Bar Tour. Do you have a stop for the Tour?

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I would submit the Vortex in Atlanta.  Not too original of me since it was on Man vs Food, but it is the only thing that comes to mind. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Village Idiot
    Options
    We don't need no stinkin' sleazy bar tour.  Whenever I feel sleazy, I just sign on to the forum.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I have "kept it weird" at the Poodle Dog Lounge in the ATX many times. This has to be Mickeys favorite bar. I'll meet you there any time Micky!

But my favorite has to be Deep Eddy Cabaret downtown Austin. They have a 1950's standup freezer with stickers all over it for the beer mugs that leaves a 1/8" layer of ice on your cold beer while you listen to Willie, Waylon, and "the boys" while shooting pool. A true dive bar

I just saw that deep Eddy was in esquire magazine as one of their "best bar" selections. That brings it down a notch in my mind but you can see the bartender probably missed that article (as did I)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I have "kept it weird" at the Poodle Dog Lounge in the ATX many times. This has to be Mickeys favorite bar. I'll meet you there any time Micky!

But my favorite has to be Deep Eddy Cabaret downtown Austin. They have a 1950's standup freezer with stickers all over it for the beer mugs that leaves a 1/8" layer of ice on your cold beer while you listen to Willie, Waylon, and "the boys" while shooting pool. A true dive bar

I just saw that deep Eddy was in esquire magazine as one of their "best bar" selections. That brings it down a notch in my mind but you can see the bartender probably missed that article (as did I)

Figured this one would draw you out of the woodwork

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Figured this one would draw you out of the woodwork
    Alas, I am but a simple man with simple interests :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX