Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

my new Emile Henry Flame stone arrives tomorrow!

RRPRRP Posts: 15,557
I subscribe to a UPS service that notifies me when a package from anywhere is now in transit and when it is to arrive. The email is sent as soon as UPS gets it in their system. Well, noon today I rec'd such email saying my Amazon shipment would arrive tomorrow before 5:00. I wondered what that was about as I had not ordered anything nor did I have anything on back order! Anyway it had the tracking number et. al. Well, just a few minutes ago I heard from WOOT that my Emile Henry pizza stone had been shipped and would arrive tomorrow and of course with the same tracking number! 

Makes you wonder doesn't it as Amazon sells these for $50, but I bought it via WOOT for $20, but it is coming from Amazon!
Ron
Dunlap, IL
·

Comments

• radamoradamo Posts: 354
    Amazon now owns Woot.  They purchased it about a year ago (maybe more).

Long Island, NY
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,557
    radamo said:
    Amazon now owns Woot.  They purchased it about a year ago (maybe more).

Thanks! I did not know that.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Mine arrived today. They look great...per the GF. I sadly am not home.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
    Mine arrived today. They look great...per the GF. I sadly am not home.
    GF??? The God Father is still alive? HOLY CRAP I better go check on some "business ventures"! Don't want any horse heads in my bed! LOL

OH boy...I'm showing my age...wifey says GF means Girl Friend...me bad...
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Are you sitting on the porch tapping your foot?
    Southern Indiana
    ·
    No... plus it will be at least 2 weeks before I even use it! Just was amazed about the quickness of delivery let alone the $20 vs $50 aspect - besides you know they made a profit at $20, but to gouge the unknowing people at $50 is pretty revealing, at least I think.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • It was very quick for delivery. Heck I can't even get amazon to ship it out in less than 2 or 3 days and I believe this came from the same warehouse. I would still have been tapping my foot though :)
    Southern Indiana
    ·