Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sunday's Garlic Studded Tri Tips

lilwootylilwooty Posts: 186

Sunday I was asked to do tri tip for the in laws 55th wedding anniversary.  Decided to stud them with garlic cloves this time.

After slicing the cloves into slivers and inserting them in the meat, I hit them all with raising the steaks rub.

Last time I did tri tip, I grilled them raised direct on the XL, but this time I did not go raised.  Direct at about 400 degree dome temp.

The smaller ones were pulled after 20 minutes on each side.  130 degrees int. temp.  The bigger ones stayed on another 5 minutes.

Sorry no plated shots.  I had to pack them up and transport them to the party, but everyone raved about them.  I got 3 kisses and a marriage proposal.  The ladies liked them too!  Hah! JK

Living Large and XL

Comments