Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sunday's Garlic Studded Tri Tips

lilwootylilwooty Posts: 181

Sunday I was asked to do tri tip for the in laws 55th wedding anniversary.  Decided to stud them with garlic cloves this time.

After slicing the cloves into slivers and inserting them in the meat, I hit them all with raising the steaks rub.

Last time I did tri tip, I grilled them raised direct on the XL, but this time I did not go raised.  Direct at about 400 degree dome temp.

The smaller ones were pulled after 20 minutes on each side.  130 degrees int. temp.  The bigger ones stayed on another 5 minutes.

Sorry no plated shots.  I had to pack them up and transport them to the party, but everyone raved about them.  I got 3 kisses and a marriage proposal.  The ladies liked them too!  Hah! JK

Living Large and XL

Comments