Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

full circle lump?

Anyone ever used this stuff? 8 bucks at brookshires .

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• cajunduck
    cajunduck Posts: 203
    It's all that I use. Good stuff!
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    How big is the bag? Have not heard of that brand, but if it burns well, then go for it!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    texaswig said:
    is that a Kroger owned chain?  our Smiths (kroger) sell full circle stuff (like a higher end store brand, more natural or organic) eggs milk etc.  I will have to look for lump my next go around.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    U_tarded said:

texaswig said:

is that a Kroger owned chain?  our Smiths (kroger) sell full circle stuff (like a higher end store brand, more natural or organic) eggs milk etc.  I will have to look for lump my next go around.
    Brookshires is a small Texas base. some in Oklahoma and Louisiana.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • MOvikingsfan
    MOvikingsfan Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    I have a friend that uses this all the time. He gets it free from his friend that works at the Royal Oak plant in Mtn. View, MO. It Is made by Royal Oak. It is Royal Oak lump! It was suprising to me how many different brands are made at the same place! And they are all the same lump just different bags.
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Decent lump, I use it for higher temp cooks (pizza).  Schnucks grocery stores sell it for about $6 / 8.8 lbs bag. 
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range