Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temperature Difference

Options
Both the dome thermo and digiq dx2 thermo are calibrated. Both read 211+\- in boiling water. I clipped the digiq probe to the dome stem and wow, there was a 35 deg difference. The dome thermo was at 400 and the digiq was at 365. Am I missing something here?
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Assume it was an indirect, setter in place test? If it was direct, anything is possible. My Maverick is within 5-10º of the dome thermo when the pit probe is clipped to the dome thermo. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

Some times mine takes a while to match up also but my dome usually lags behind my DigiQ. I never use the controller on anything but overnighters and by the end of the cook they are close enough for me and I never had any problems.

I do tend to trust the DigiQ.