Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Temperature Difference

Both the dome thermo and digiq dx2 thermo are calibrated. Both read 211+\- in boiling water. I clipped the digiq probe to the dome stem and wow, there was a 35 deg difference. The dome thermo was at 400 and the digiq was at 365. Am I missing something here?
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,184
    Assume it was an indirect, setter in place test? If it was direct, anything is possible. My Maverick is within 5-10º of the dome thermo when the pit probe is clipped to the dome thermo. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,001

Some times mine takes a while to match up also but my dome usually lags behind my DigiQ. I never use the controller on anything but overnighters and by the end of the cook they are close enough for me and I never had any problems.

I do tend to trust the DigiQ.

·