Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Pork Loin with pics - worth a repeat

This was a weekend cook, but I have not been at the computer for a couple of days.  I had about a 2-1/2 lb piece of pork loin I wanted to stuff and roast on the Egg.  Searched the web for ideas, but most recipes stuff the tenderloin rather than the loin, so I had to adapt.  I was going to stuff with spinach and provolone, but on a trip to the public market I scored a monstrous bunch of Tuscan Kale and decided to go with it instead.

Sliced around the loin to open it up flat, seasoned the inside with Pennzy's pork chop seasoning and garlic powder, then a layer of ham, followed by Provolone cheese, followed by the Kale which I had steamed for a couple of minutes to pre-cook.  Rolled it all up and tied with string, seasoned the outside with S,P, and Paprika, then on to the Egg at 350 grate temp for about 90 minutes indirect with just a little bit of Apple for smoke.  Also soaked some corn and threw that on the grill in the husks. 

It was a great dinner, but in the final review, I will give this one only an 8 as I should have steamed the Kale for longer.  It is a pretty robust green and takes some cooking time to break it down.  Spinach would have worked great also with no pre-cooking.  I will add this cook to the rotation though.
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments