Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turbo Ribs

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,873
Rubbed down loin back ribs with Don Marco's Pig Powder.

Stacked them on my grid extender with hickory for smoke at 350 grid(well, 350-412 because my Maverick has a mind of it's own. Thank goodness for Thermapen.)

On at 1253, off at 1430. No cut shots because SWMBO had family over. Choose your battles carefully.

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,451
    Looks great. I'd be all over those.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,329
    Damn! You got it done quick! Did you have to rotate the racks from top to bottom during the cook, or did they all cook pretty evenly?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Your kitchen looks just like mine! Suppy cups in one pic an breast milk in the other!!

• Ribs look great! Makes me wanna go home and thaw some for tomorrow

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,873
    @caliking, I had one rack smaller than the others so I left that on the bottom. The larger 2 I rotated halfway through.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,664
    Wow that is good looking
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,386
    Those do look good. :)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,573
    Looks great!  

You have an XL right?  If so...those are some big slabs! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,978
    Are those Ron Jeremy ribs? :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Looks great!  Was it a rib weekend or something in the air?  You, myself, and 5 other of my buddies did ribs this weekend.  None of those lads have eggs so we're on top!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Looks phenomenal.  Very jealous!
    Southern California