Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Drip Pans

2»

Comments

• Thanks everyone. What liquid do you use.
    ·
  • None. I put copper plumbing tees on the plate setter to create an air space so the drippings don't burn. Set the drip pan on the tees.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Stew21Stew21 Posts: 13
    edited September 2013
    I haven't used a drip pan yet so 2 questions, How do I clean my plate setter? Have I ruined my plate setter?
    ·
  • Stew21 said:
    I haven't used a drip pan yet so 2 questions, How do I clean my plate setter? Have I ruined my plate setter?

@Stew21 - I clean mine cooking pizzas.  The high heat cleans it like a self-cleaning oven.  Me & Wilma started the Atkins Diet a couple of weeks ago so I suspect my plate setter will become a little grubby.  I guess it already is.image

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I use aluminum oven pans on my XL plate setter and they work just fine. Walmart has them in packs of 2 for pretty cheap.
    Houston, TX
    ·