Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broncos Victory Beef Ribs (PICS)

Options
Did up some whole beef short ribs that I started late this morning so I wouldn't get distracted while I was watching the magician Peyton Manning perform.  Based on APL's Serious BBQ beef short ribs that can be found HERE, except I didn't feel like wrapping when the time came so I just let them roll for about 3 hours 8 hour total cook at 250-300ish.  Oak for smoke.

slathered and rubbed up 

onto the egg

ready for a rest 

plated with some beets (I like it still on the bone my wife slices hers up more like brisket)

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Dear lord that looks amazing. I have so much trouble finding beef ribs with any substantial meat on them in my part of the country I rarely make the effort.  This will make me search further.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Dear lord that looks amazing. I have so much trouble finding beef ribs with any substantial meat on them in my part of the country I rarely make the effort.  This will make me search further.
    I did too for the longest time and somewhere on here i read the plate ribs that is where short ribs are cut from.  I was at Kroger and asked them if they cut their own short ribs, when I got a yes, I asked if I could buy some uncut.  He went the back and brought out a 2 pack this the 2nd rack from that, I bought them both and just froze one.  Any good grocery store butcher should have them.
  • NervousDad
    Options
    If they didn't look so good I'd flag that post as spam (Eagles fan :D )
    Aurora,OH