Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sunday's Supper Was Two Flavors of Pork Loin

Wilma went shopping yesterday and she wanted the freezer space occupied by two pork loins.  Sunday's supper has been decided!  The first one was covered with a bacon weave that was seasoned with Dizzy Dust.  The bacon on hand was thick cut which is not ideal for weaving because it makes a smaller mat.  I decided to put the three left over bacon slices from the weave on the top of the loin.  I secured the bacon with toothpicks.  The second loin is a simple preparation.  I cut slits in the loin and inserted whole garlic cloves.  The outside was covered with EVOO and salt & pepper.  On the egg indirect at 350.  I pulled them at 148 IT.  I wanted to pull them earlier, but I got caught up watching football.  A fumble to be sure, but both loins were tender and tasty so I recovered the ball!  I probably liked the garlic one better.  Here are the photos:    

imageimageimageimageimage

Thanks for looking.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

Comments