Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday's Supper Was Two Flavors of Pork Loin

Options

Wilma went shopping yesterday and she wanted the freezer space occupied by two pork loins.  Sunday's supper has been decided!  The first one was covered with a bacon weave that was seasoned with Dizzy Dust.  The bacon on hand was thick cut which is not ideal for weaving because it makes a smaller mat.  I decided to put the three left over bacon slices from the weave on the top of the loin.  I secured the bacon with toothpicks.  The second loin is a simple preparation.  I cut slits in the loin and inserted whole garlic cloves.  The outside was covered with EVOO and salt & pepper.  On the egg indirect at 350.  I pulled them at 148 IT.  I wanted to pull them earlier, but I got caught up watching football.  A fumble to be sure, but both loins were tender and tasty so I recovered the ball!  I probably liked the garlic one better.  Here are the photos:    

imageimageimageimageimage

Thanks for looking.

Flint, Michigan

Comments