Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NEO Turbo Butt attempt

brzelt
brzelt Posts: 62
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum

Good Morning Everyone,

Well today is going to be my first attempt at a butt.  It will be my first time using a Maverick temp probe too, any probe for that matter.  After watching
the temps this first hour I am going to like having it on my other cooks for sure.

So far we are at the hour mark and the cooker is settled in at 330.  The temp probe and dome temps have pretty much settled in and are matching as of now.  Like I had read in other posts it was off 20-30 degrees early.  I was kind of surprised how soon they matched up really, don't know what I was expecting but you know.... first time and all.
Thanks to the forum it gives me a little bit of confidence to even try this.  I love this cooker though, my wife gives me some funny looks at times but has enjoyed everything we have made so far.
Going with Bad Byrons and am going to spritz every couple hours with apple vinegar/oil combo.  We will see what happens.  

While I am at it I might as well see if I can post a photo or two along the way....

Bruce
Bruce
L BGE
Kennesaw, GA

Comments