Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Owner

Hello everyone, I recently crashed my way into a XL Egg. I went down to New Orleans for the Just for Men National Beard and Moustache Competition 4th place in Freestyle. While on my journey my Step father cooked some food on his large egg. I loved the way it cooked. I called my girlfriend and told her when I got back we would need to add one of these to our supply of grills. I do a ton of cooking. Every April we go to Home Depot and buy 3 pallets of Kingsford Charcoal. I have a homemade grill that cooks 150 half chickens at a time. I also have a homemade pig cooker that will easily cook and spin a 350 pound pig. We only use the two big grills for charity fundraising. We volunteer 20-25 weekends a year raising money for our community. I am no stranger to grilling food. On my return trip from the Big Easy I crashed my motorcycle in St Louis Mo. I was able to ride it the rest of the trip home but I knew it was totaled out. My loving companion ran out and got me the XL BGE. Loaded with everything. It was her way of cheering me up, it worked like a charm. She got the XL because when we grill at home we end up feeding the entire block. Yes, I actually walk up and down the block giving food to all the neighbors. It is the least I could do since they had to smell the food cooking all day. On more than one occasion the cops on patrol at night stop by in the morning and drop off empty plates for me to load up. I love this grill but it cooks like nothing I have ever used. Getting this at the perfect temp has been a challenge. Does anyone have a XL that would be willing to share with me exactly how you adjusted both the top and bottom vents while cooking?? Thanks for any help.

Comments