Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BBQ Grilled Pork Chops

fiver29fiver29 Posts: 386
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Had the butcher cut bone in rib chops 1 1/2 inches thick.  Cooked 6 of these bad boys for dinner today with the In Laws over.  I rinsed them and patted dry with a paper towel.  Seasoned with Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.  I used a hickory chunk for firespice.  Cooked them indirect at 350* until the internal temp was 145*.  Pulled them and sauced them.  Pulled out the plate setter and put them sauce down direct at 350* for 5 minutes a side to allow the crust to form.  Basting each time with sauce when I flipped.  I doubled the sauce recipe and reserved 1 cup to pass at the table.  Everyone raved.  Was fantastic........

Sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup molasses, light or mild
2 tablespoons grated onion
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Bring all ingredients to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce reaches ketchuplike consistency and is reduced to about 1 cup, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer ½ cup sauce to small bowl and set aside to serve with cooked chops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleveland, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments