Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Moroccan-style lamb

I had a boneless leg of lamb in the freezer, and since I was having folks over for the weekend, it sounded like it would fit the bill for dinner on Sat.

Made a spice paste for marinating the meat. Its modified from a recipe for a chicken tagine I made some time ago (search the forum for "Djej Besla" if you're interested - it was in the CI throwdown). Loads of garlic (ended up adding 2 heads), olive oil, paprika, cayenne, cumin, kosher salt, turmeric, and saffron. 

Rubbed it on to the meat and let it get happy overnight.

Next day (Sat), fired up the large with Kroger lump and pecan wood. Let it stabilize at ~350°F. Prepped sweet taters with olive oil, rosemary, seasoned salt, and pepper. 

Threw the lamb on first, then added the taters wrapped in foil about 30mins later. 

Pulled the lamb when it hit 165°F. That's 30°F higher than usual, but SWMBO is preggers with lil caliking, so we're off pink meat for a while. 

Plated shot. SWMBO made brussels sprouts and mushrooms with capers and white wine indoors, which was also pretty tasty.

A nice meal, but the lamb would have tasted better had it been med-rare. We tried a Trader Joe's garlic mustard aioli that went very well with the taters and the meat. 

With the little one on the way, a DSLR is likely to find its way home to me. Better pics in my posts should follow soon after!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments