Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BBQ Grilled Pork Chops

fiver29fiver29 Posts: 386
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Had the butcher cut bone in rib chops 1 1/2 inches thick.  Cooked 6 of these bad boys for dinner today with the In Laws over.  I rinsed them and patted dry with a paper towel.  Seasoned with Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.  I used a hickory chunk for firespice.  Cooked them indirect at 350* until the internal temp was 145*.  Pulled them and sauced them.  Pulled out the plate setter and put them sauce down direct at 350* for 5 minutes a side to allow the crust to form.  Basting each time with sauce when I flipped.  I doubled the sauce recipe and reserved 1 cup to pass at the table.  Everyone raved.  Was fantastic........

Sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup molasses, light or mild
2 tablespoons grated onion
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Bring all ingredients to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce reaches ketchuplike consistency and is reduced to about 1 cup, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer ½ cup sauce to small bowl and set aside to serve with cooked chops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleveland, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments