Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is the brisket done

bookswbooksw Posts: 234
My whole packer is at 194 internal and it feels soft on the outside and the probe goes in pretty much like butter but does hit a little resistance- maybe less butter-like after about an inch from the edge.  I am sitting on the edge of not knowing when to pull it off.  I want it to be perfect and MOIST.

What should I do???  Thanks :)

Charleston, SC
·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Is it probing like that in the flat? If so, my vote is for pulling and FTC for a few hours.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • bookswbooksw Posts: 234
    yes it is in the flat-  I have made the mistake of probing the point before and taking it off too early  Thanks!!! 
    Charleston, SC
    ·
    One other thing is that the meat has only been cooking for a total of 8.5 hours and I am wondering if I could keep it around 190 longer if that would result in meat that is more moist.
    Charleston, SC
    ·
    It is now foiled, wrapped in a towel, and in the cooler.  Dinner is at 7:30 (4.5 hours).  I'll come back and report with a moistness rating (I know it will taste great, just saying).  I am going to serve it with brown jasmine rice, a salad, and some other veggies- haven't figured that out yet.  Maybe I will leave the egg smoldering and crank it up later and throw on a squash like nbak4bbq posted about?
    Charleston, SC
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Sounds like a good plan. What time should we come over? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    come over now!!
    Charleston, SC
    ·