Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Question regarding smoking

Hello All,

I am a newly reformed EggHead...  I bought an XL in July and have been experimenting with it every week since then.  I am an old long time propane user...  The learning curve with lump charcoal has been fun!  I am HOOKED on the BGE and the BBQ Guru!  Doing chicken wings as we speak for football night.........

The ONLY criticism I have of the BGE is that when I put fine wood chips in for smoke, they only last for about an hour.  I have a lot of experience with the box smokers and have done quite a bit of hot smoking.  Nice thing with them is when your chips burn up, you open up, re-load, and get your 4 hours of smoke.  Does anyone have any "tricks" to make your wood last longer for more smoke?  I have always used the fine chips from Lowes and Gander Mountain.  Would larger chunks of hickory be necessary??

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Comments