Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whatcha Cookin for Breaking Bad Sunday?

Final episode of Breaking Bad is this Sunday and was wondering if people are grilling out for it?  Not sure if I wanted to be the first person to cook meth on the egg so I went with some pork shoulders.  Did them early since I'm bringing it over to my cousin's house Sunday.  Might also do some apps Sunday evening.

Whatcha Cookin?
·

Comments

• NervousDadNervousDad Posts: 283
    edited September 2013
    I was think about doing something New Mexico-ish... Fajitas or maybe something  Tex-Mex. 

Armadillo eggs for an appetizer.

I'm counting the hours until Sunday!
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • Not going to watch until thursday night.....NO SPOILERS please!
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,463

I was think about doing something New Mexico-ish... Fajitas or maybe something  Tex-Mex. 

Armadillo eggs for an appetizer.

I'm counting the hours until Sunday!
    I like the Tex-Mex idea! Some "Tuco Tacos" would be killer!

·
  • Thought of this a day or so ago, looked up State foods - For New Mexico the state cookie is the bizcochito, the state veggie is either chilies or re-fried beans, so something in a fajita or taco does seem about right. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,331
    Breaking Bad? I thought you said Breaking Wind.... :-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Crack.  Oh, I meant I'm not cooking, I'm replacing the cracked base on my XL.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Nothing this weekend. Went to the Braves game last night and upgraded my gasket to Rutland this morning. Gasket from @RRP - thanks Ron!
    image.jpg 1.7M
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • A batch of meth... Just kidding some fish tacos
    HFX NS
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 948
    Gumbo. Cooked all weekend damping, doing something indoors today.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • I went with my first brisket ever.  Figure it is the perfect selection because I have NO IDEA how it will turn out.....fitting right?

So I cooked it at 285-295 dome.  Once it got to 150 I placed it in an aluminum  foil pan added 1/2 cup of beef broth and covered with double layer of foil.  Cooked at 295 until the meat hit 205.  It is in the cooler now.  One thing that I found strange was that a lot of liquid was created inside the foil pan.  The brisket is nearly floating in it.  If nothing else I will have plenty of au jus for dipping.  Does this sound strange to any of you?  
    ·