Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Feeling Asian Tonight

We do this often, but tonight it really sounded good.  Kung Pao Shrimp and Pork Fried Rice.  Get your mice en place on boys cause at 650-800* this stuff goes fast!

Getting ready.

Garlic and Ginger.

Onions and Peppers.

Shrimp and Sauce.

Pork Fried Rice.

My plating sucks, but it tasted good!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,130
    Looks good!  You obviously have a system that works. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Awesome my wok should be @ my house when I get home form work this week.
    Clyde Texas
  • Looks good !   =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Well, that's certainly pretty enough to make the next Wok Movie.

Spring "Just 'a Woking In The Rain" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Wok on

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• You can put that plate in front of me anytime, great job!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • Looks great Mike. You put your mice in place?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    Looks great Mike. You put your mice in place?
    Yep, but be careful, the tails burn easily at those temps.:D

Mike

Omaha, NE
  • txav8rtxav8r Posts: 153
    That looks fantastic!  I know that when we wok on a support ring on the gas stove, I have to hold the wok with one hand and stir with the other.  What support ring are you using to sit the wok on and is it pretty stable?  It sits pretty far down in next to the coals and they look very charred, so how long do you let them go until ready?  Also, you mention a very hot temp...with the dome open?  Do you get any splatter on the egg?  Looks fun but getting the mice to hold still looks hard!
    Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
  • That looks awesome Mike, I really need to experiment with the wok.  I have one just never been brave enough to use it.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Yep, that is awesome. I think it might be a woking kind of night...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,103
    Great looking cook. I really need to get with the woking program here.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    I always feel Polish. Oh I am. But today the in-laws are coming over. Being of German descent were having brats And beer!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• RACRAC Posts: 1,526
    Nice cook! Look's awesome

Ricky

Spring, TX

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,007
    Looks killer. Need to get me a wok.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    edited September 2013
    txav8r said:
    That looks fantastic!  I know that when we wok on a support ring on the gas stove, I have to hold the wok with one hand and stir with the other.  What support ring are you using to sit the wok on and is it pretty stable?  It sits pretty far down in next to the coals and they look very charred, so how long do you let them go until ready?  Also, you mention a very hot temp...with the dome open?  Do you get any splatter on the egg?  Looks fun but getting the mice to hold still looks hard!

It's called a "spider" from the Ceramic Grill Store.  All wok cooks are done with the egg lid open and the bottom vent full throttle!  It is a very hot cook, so you need to have your $hit in order.   As far as splatter, who cares?  It tastes amazing and I can clean up in the morning.

Mike

Omaha, NE