Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egger here

Hello friends, My wife just surprised me with a used small green egg and I'm already an addict. I immediately took everything apart to clean it a replaced the gasket. I also found a supplier and purchased a plate setter, a baking stone, gripper, lump charcoal, hickory wood chips, a drip pan, and a ceramic upright whole chicken mount. I love this thing! I'm a bit of a gear head when it comes to things like this as evidenced by the home built brewery in my garage so I'm excited to weld together a custom stand and work station for this thing but there is one thing driving me crazy...... Ribs. I want to make ribs and I can only see information on how to make one slab of ribs on the small egg.... Please someone tell me there is a way to make more than one slab, can anyone advise? Also if there are any other vital tools or elements please fill me in. Thanks everyone, I'm excited to get involved here!

Comments

• Congrats and welcome. I'm an XL guy myself, but I could think of a couple ideas to explore. First and easiest would be a vertical rack to hold the ribs. I think that should get you up to a few slabs. One other option is a swing rack or adjustable rig from Ceramic Grill Store. I don't know for sure if they make these for the small, but it's certainly worth a look. 

Good luck and enjoy the ride. This is a great forum, with some really awesome folks.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,487
    edited September 2013
    Love the enthusiasm, please show us your cooks.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,742
    Welcome, enjoy...learn..and have fun.
    Search is also a good tool, I use it all the time on google adding "bge forum" to what im looking for.
    Seattle, WA
  • pineypiney Posts: 649
    Welcome aboard!! Where are you located?
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,884
    Wlecome aboard.  As you are learning, it's a game changer.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • radamoradamo Posts: 362
    edited September 2013
    Welcome and have fun with your new (to you) EGG.  They are an absolute blast to cook with.  As @Doc_Eggerton hinted above... we love to see pics of cooks.  Gets us all crazy!!!  ... and we do all learn from each other.  :-D
    Long Island, NY
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,527
    Welcome, it is a great adventure.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

• To answer a few questions I live in Apollo Beach Florida which about 10 miles south of Tampa. Here is what I'm making today, it's a pretty basic pork butt. I soaked some hickory chips overnight and got started around 6 am today so I can have pulled pork for dinner. I would like my temp to be around 225 but can't seem to get below 250 right now.
    image.jpg 217.9K
  • So there is a rib rack for a small egg?
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Welcome
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,992
    edited September 2013
    I use a rib rack on the large and pretty sure they make one for the small also.

For some reason I can not upload a pic so here is the link

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,527

I have one and use for ribs, hams and roasts. Great way to get the hams or roasts from the Egg to the cutting board.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans