Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

The Egg & Weather

Hey everyone, new Egger here, and thank you for all the awesome advice on here, it has been a huge help.  I did two racks of ribs today for the first time & they came out Perfect: mustard, rub, 250 for 5 hours, no foil, sauced them near the end.  And I am grateful for it, 'cause it is hard to find good ribs in the Pacific Northwest.

Anyhoo, my question is about leaving the Egg out in the rain without a cover.  Today, for instance, I was smoking in the rain - when the ribs were done, I didn't want to put the cover right back on, 'cause the Egg was still hot - now I'm not sure I want to cause I'd be trapping whatever moisture is on there inside the cover with it.  Just wondering if I should leave it out for the night while it's raining & then light it to dry it tomorrow? Or if I need to make sure next time put the cover on while it is still warm/dry but not hot? How much damage will rain do? 

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Comments