Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

The Egg & Weather

Hey everyone, new Egger here, and thank you for all the awesome advice on here, it has been a huge help.  I did two racks of ribs today for the first time & they came out Perfect: mustard, rub, 250 for 5 hours, no foil, sauced them near the end.  And I am grateful for it, 'cause it is hard to find good ribs in the Pacific Northwest.

Anyhoo, my question is about leaving the Egg out in the rain without a cover.  Today, for instance, I was smoking in the rain - when the ribs were done, I didn't want to put the cover right back on, 'cause the Egg was still hot - now I'm not sure I want to cause I'd be trapping whatever moisture is on there inside the cover with it.  Just wondering if I should leave it out for the night while it's raining & then light it to dry it tomorrow? Or if I need to make sure next time put the cover on while it is still warm/dry but not hot? How much damage will rain do? 

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Comments