Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread on the Egg - Success

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Finally got a chance to try bread directly on the pizza stone and it turned out great, at least in appearance. A bit flatter than in the dutch oven. Will try less hydrated sough next time and see if it keeps its shape better. Poppers go on next and then stuffed burgers.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Options
    Looks awesome. The one thing I'm dying to try on the egg and have not yet tackled.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I'm not a baker but the wife is. We did a test a while back with one loaf in the oven and one on the egg. The difference was unbelievable in favour of the egg.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I'm not a baker but the wife is. We did a test a while back with one loaf in the oven and one on the egg. The difference was unbelievable in favour of the egg.
    In what way?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Black_Badger If you are new to bread (like I was) I highly recommend the book "Flour Water Salt Yeast. Not only introduced me to bread, but also vastly improved my pizza. Still have much to learn I'm sure. Also, if you are into overnight low and slow smokes, preparing dough helps pass the time.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Little Steven
    Options
    njl said:
    In what way?

The crust was crispier the middle had more air holes and the flavour was so much more like artisanal bread

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Eggsellent! Bread is one of the major things on my bucket list.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Black_Badger
    Options
    Thanks @DMW, I bought a copy for Mrs. Badger, but we haven't done an actual cook yet. I have enjoyed reading it, but I'm really excited to actually put things into practice.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI