Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baltimore Pit Beef - tried a new technique

Pit beef is one of my favorite cooks when I want to do something hot and fast.  In the past, I've always reversed seared, going indirect until 90 - 100 IT, then dropping a grid direct on top of the burning coals and searing to 125 or so.  Problem is it's difficult to time the searing so as not to over cook it, and still get a good sear on all sides.  Decided to try a Forward sear (not sure that's the right term, but the opposite of reverse is forward). Trimmed up a 4 pound Top Round.  Got the Egg stabilized at 400, and fired up the Hibachi real hot.  Seared all sides real well on the CI Hibachi, then onto the Egg indirect until 125 IT.  Let it rest, and sliced very thin against the grain.  Served on Kaiser rolls with some tiger sauce.  This is the way I'll do it from now on.  Turned out perfect.

Comments