Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for a new idea

Been doing lots of spatchcock chicken, pork chops, and rib eyes lately. Anyone have an idea for a fairly quick Saturday cook idea for my large egg?

Comments

• Fish and asparagus
    grab some white" fish and wrap in foil with garlic s/p and lemon juice and egg it 350. Asparagus on grill as you choose

Beaufort, SC
  • I saw a thread on here last week for bacon wrapped pork tenderloin medallions. I grilled them last night and they were amazing! Really easy as well.
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
  • Burgers. 

We're doing cedar plank salmon tonight.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Clyde Texas
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,485
    Spicy chorizo meatloaf. Makes a great sandwich the next day.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,474
    Meatloaf cooked w/o a pan is killer off the Egg
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,058
    Do some homemade burgers on a bed of sautéed spinach and top it with a fried egg...
  • I agree with burgers. 

I also like to do potato bacon bombs every once in a while. Those things are great.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Oh, or wings and sausages. Man, now I want to make some wings!
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI