Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's cook, Butts and Beef Ribs

Options
HDmstng
HDmstng Posts: 192
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
We are celebrating my son's 3rd birthday today and am cooking a couple of 6.5 lb butts and some beef ribs.  I put the butts on at 945AM at 275F grid temp, I'm hoping they will be ready by 5PM today.  One is rubbed with straight Dizzy Dust the second is my Frankendust comprising of Grillmates Apple rub, some Red Eye Express and a "Memphis Rub" that was part of a small variety pack of rubs from Big Lots.  Okay, I have no idea how well the Frankendust is going to come up, but I'll be taking one of these butts into work, so they can judge.  Using 3 chunks of apple wood for smoke.

I had wanted a rack of beef ribs, but the grocery butcher separated them ahead of time, but I hadn't specified.  They are listed as beef chuck short ribs and this will be my first time doing them.  I used some olive oil and just salt and pepper.  Put them around 1120AM with the butts, so they should get some apple smoke.

Comments