Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pimento Cheese Sliders are going down tomorrow!!

Options
Oh my goodness, I just made the pimento cheese to be dalloped on sliders for the game tomorrow (Roll Tide). This stuff is ridiculously delicious; I may just stay up tonight and eat it by the spoonful.

Non Egg related; after planting a peach tree in my back yard in the morning, I am going to try frying some Wickles. Anyone have experience frying pickles???
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Best grilled cheese is shredded cheddar, pimentos, and either some cream cheese or mayo. The pimentos make all the difference!
    Dunedin, FL
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    I found a recipe that uses cream cheese along with the mayo. So good...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is my recipe for Pimento Cheese.

Pimento Cheese

Servings: 10

Ingredients
    16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
    1 jar (7 ounces) pimentos, drained
    1 1/2 cups Duke's mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt
    2 teaspoons Lawry's Garlic Salt
    3 dashes Tabasco Sauce
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

Procedure
    1. Blend all ingredients either by hand in a large bowl or in a food processor.

2. If you like a “chunky” spread, mix by hand.  If you prefer a “smooth” spread, use the food processor.

3. Adjust the salts and sauces to taste.  When this is mixed initially, it needs to be “soupy” as if you have too much mayonnaise.  The cheese will “soak up” the mayonnaise after it sets up.

Tips
    This should be made one day in advance of serving.  Use for sandwiches or as a spread for crackers. You can also use it as a dip for a vegetable tray.

You can use a variety of cheeses in this. For example, we often use half sharp cheddar and half medium cheddar. You can also add a little bit of cream cheese that has been softened to room temperature.

Cooking Times
    Preparation Time: 30 minutes
    Total Time: 30 minutes

Nutrition Facts
    Nutrition (per serving): 325 calories, 237 calories from fat, 26.9g total fat, 56.8mg cholesterol, 789.4mg sodium, 83.3mg potassium, 10.1g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 3g sugar, 11.8g protein, 43.3
    points.

I know, the nutritional analysis ain't pretty. but sometimes, you just need Pimento Cheese on your burgers..
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Eggbertsdad
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Here is the recipe I used for today's sliders.

INGREDIENTS:
    16 oz shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
    cheese
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    (optional)
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon worcestershire
    1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
    salt and black pepper to taste
    DIRECTIONS:
    1.Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced, worcestershire, and pimento into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Post pics of the sliders. I never thought of putting that mix on burgers, but that is definitely on my to do list now.
    Dunedin, FL