Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wet lump

I had a few bags of lump in the bed of my truck and it started raining. I ran out and covered it all up I hope the lump didn't get too wet. If it did What can I do.
Clyde Texas
·

Comments

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I never had any experience with it in the egg, but I would guess that if you used a little mixed in with dry stuff that the heat would drive out any moisture within a few minutes.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • You can spread it out in a thin layer on your driveway--let it the sun hit it and dry it out.  If it's a high carbon content charcoal it will dry out fast.  If it's undercarbonized, it will take a lot longer.

In any case, don't throw it out, it's still good.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • Thanks for the input.

Clyde Texas
    ·
  • You can spread it out in a thin layer on your driveway--let it the sun hit it and dry it out.  If it's a high carbon content charcoal it will dry out fast.  If it's undercarbonized, it will take a lot longer.

In any case, don't throw it out, it's still good.

I've used some building paper rolled out then the lump dumped onto it. Makes it very easy to pick up and put it back in the bag. Don't forget to let the bag dry if you reuse it. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·