Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatcha Cookin for Breaking Bad Sunday?

Options
Final episode of Breaking Bad is this Sunday and was wondering if people are grilling out for it?  Not sure if I wanted to be the first person to cook meth on the egg so I went with some pork shoulders.  Did them early since I'm bringing it over to my cousin's house Sunday.  Might also do some apps Sunday evening.

Whatcha Cookin?
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was think about doing something New Mexico-ish... Fajitas or maybe something  Tex-Mex. 

Armadillo eggs for an appetizer.

I'm counting the hours until Sunday!
    Aurora,OH
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Not going to watch until thursday night.....NO SPOILERS please!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options

I was think about doing something New Mexico-ish... Fajitas or maybe something  Tex-Mex. 

Armadillo eggs for an appetizer.

I'm counting the hours until Sunday!
    I like the Tex-Mex idea! Some "Tuco Tacos" would be killer!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Thought of this a day or so ago, looked up State foods - For New Mexico the state cookie is the bizcochito, the state veggie is either chilies or re-fried beans, so something in a fajita or taco does seem about right. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Breaking Bad? I thought you said Breaking Wind.... :-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Crack.  Oh, I meant I'm not cooking, I'm replacing the cracked base on my XL.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Goatsegg
    Options
    Nothing this weekend. Went to the Braves game last night and upgraded my gasket to Rutland this morning. Gasket from @RRP - thanks Ron!
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

• Nsdexter
    Options
    A batch of meth... Just kidding some fish tacos
    HFX NS
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Gumbo. Cooked all weekend damping, doing something indoors today.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • yumdinger
    Options
    I went with my first brisket ever.  Figure it is the perfect selection because I have NO IDEA how it will turn out.....fitting right?

So I cooked it at 285-295 dome.  Once it got to 150 I placed it in an aluminum  foil pan added 1/2 cup of beef broth and covered with double layer of foil.  Cooked at 295 until the meat hit 205.  It is in the cooler now.  One thing that I found strange was that a lot of liquid was created inside the foil pan.  The brisket is nearly floating in it.  If nothing else I will have plenty of au jus for dipping.  Does this sound strange to any of you?