Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

The best thing about the egg

I have recently become convinced that the best thing about the egg is that I never have to cover it.  I have a back deck and pool area that is mostly shaded by oak trees.  I have covers on my gas grill, other charcoal grills, a cooler/table, multiple chairs and my fire pit, but I never have to cover my egg.  At this time of year if it rains while a cover is off of something, then it is a minor pain to clean it before I can recover it... but again, not with the egg.  I have an egg cover and occasionally put it on, but I'm not sure why.

So, as much as I like how easily I am able to produce great food on the egg, I think that it's ability to ignore the outdoor elements is it's greatest benefit - at least in my back yard.

Comments? Thoughts?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Comments