Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How Do You Keep Appetizers Warm?

We are having an appetizer and drinks party tomorrow night and I would like to have some of the appetizers ready before our guests arrive.  Will MOINK balls, jalapeno poppers, armadillo eggs, and sea turtle eggs survive time in party city disposable chafing dishes?  I'm making fiery shrimp diablo on bamboo sticks and will drop those on as people go through them.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 997
    Bump to the top - looking for advice on how to keep appetizers warm after cooking.

Waunakee, WI

·
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 231
    edited September 2013
    If you have an oval slow cooker, set it on low. You can also use the chafing dish and it should hold up fine. You can also rent heavy duty chafing dishes. They should have the sterno holders and a pan inside a well that holds hot water. Sam's Club also has the restaurant quality chafing dishes usually.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    ·
  • I know it's sacrilegious for me to even mention this on here. . . ;) . . .  but I usually keep things warm in a 200F oven (aka the big clock in the kitchen).  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
    Thanks!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,439
    Yep, I use the big clock too. Serve drinks and after a few no one will notice if they are hot or not! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • Chafing dishes and sterno. You can use it indoors or out and not have to worry about plugging it in. You can get a wire rack and aluminum foil pan real cheap but save your money and step up to the entry level stainless steel for about 30 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Economy-Chafer-Stainless-Chafing-Dish/dp/B00BUTSX7C/ref=sr_1_140?ie=UTF8&qid=1380322725&sr=8-140&keywords=chafing+dish

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
    Thanks everyone - great advice!

Waunakee, WI

·