Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O/T big fish on Long Island

Options
my son caught this yesterday it's a ocean caught Striped bass it was 46" long and weighed 32.5 pounds and to tell you the truth we have caught them in the past up to 50 pounds this was the 1st of the year so if this is any indicator this year should be a banner year and maybe I will catch a 60 this year  just saying 
2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Seems late in the year for the season to be starting but, then again, I really don't know anything about upper east coast fishing. That's a nice looking bass. How much fight does a fish like that put up?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Good looking fish and I especially like the Diet Coke w/Lime (or DCL)! My drink of choice!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    @TexanoftheNorth the striped Bass is a migratory fish that passes thru twice a year 1st in the spring  when they are heading up north and 2nd in the fall when they are heading back south so the fall run is just getting started as far as the fight they give you a good fight they make maybe 2 or three runs the 1st is very strong they can peel off like 30 to 50 yards of line in no time almost like your hooked up to a freight train the 2nd is not as impressive  but still good that being said that fish was subdued in about 5 min  I have had other fish that were caught on the beach in the surf that have taken like 20 to 30 min this one was caught off the boat I hope I answered you question 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Thanks. It all sounds like a lot of fun and, I assume, that the fish is good eating!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @tulocay I agree since Im sober 2 years 5 months thats what I drink it that or water that it !!!
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    @TeaxanoftheNorth yes very very very good either cooked or raw (Sushi or Sashimi)
    Long Island N.Y.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Charles - Where on LI are you?  I am in Rockland and getting ready for a fall Striper trip soon.  Probably going out of NJ.

Garnerville, NY
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    @robnybbq Im in Sayville (Suffolk County) if I were you I would head out to Montauk the sport fishing capitol of the world  
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    my son caught this yesterday it's a ocean caught Striped bass it was 46" long and weighed 32.5 pounds and to tell you the truth we have caught them in the past up to 50 pounds this was the 1st of the year so if this is any indicator this year should be a banner year and maybe I will catch a 60 this year  just saying 
    Yoo Hoo! I'm going out off East Haven CT next week. I guess blues are still running too?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    @Little Steven yes the blues  are still running as a matter fact they ate thick sometimes you can't get passed the blues to get to the Stripers that hang on the bottom still and all the blues are fun to catch and fight very strong but not as good to eat I personally eat them but prefer striper 
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options

@Littlesteven yes the blues  are still running as a matter fact they ate thick sometimes you can't get passed the blues to get to the Stripers that hang on the bottom still and all the blues are fun to catch and fight very strong but not as good to eat I personally eat them but prefer striper 
    2 large BGE 2 Pit Bulls and a pork shoulder nearby
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Oh, I agree but I'm not sure we will be able to bring any back. Coming precariously close to ice fishing season here so it will be great to get out one more time.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    @littleSteven if your in conn how is it close to ice fishing season conn weather is almost the same as Long Island ?
    Long Island N.Y.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @littleSteven if your in conn how is it close to ice fishing season conn weather is almost the same as Long Island ?
    Steven is up in Canada, eh.
    okay that  explanes it then 
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    okay that  explanes it then 
    that explains a lot of things...
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I was kidding about ice fishing. It doesn't typically start til January

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    @LittleSteven this was on one of the boats I fish on today out in Montauk
    Long Island N.Y.
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    Nice looking striper!
    Long Island, NY